PDA

View Full Version : Clean up Crew recommendations

LegoZ81
05/01/2006, 09:29 AM
I am needing to get a clean up crew (what and how many) for the 125 and was wondering what people would recommend for the tank.

Also I'd consider letting others join in on this order to save overall on shipping.

It is still new so no GHA at all yet.
There is some junk that is coming off the live rock.

Tank info:
125 Drilled
2 Seio 2600
Return flow ~500gph (adjustable can divert flow thru refugium pump is rated @ 790gph @ 0ft)
ASM G3 skimmer with gate valve mod
Refugium is relatively large as it is ~1/3 of a 75 gallon tank, Will have cheato in it currently there is nothing in it.
I have a thin layer of sand in it and some L.R. Rubble
Tank has 200lbs of Meridian Oolitic in display
Tank has 40lbs of Uncured Figi (still no ammonia detectable after 3 days)
I have 110 lbs of Base rock on it's way (Reefer Rocks)
I currently have 5 Green Chromis in the tank to keep somewhat of a bioload on the system

Sk8r
05/01/2006, 09:37 AM
Variety: they tend to specialize. All sorts of snails, tiny blue-leg hermits [that's so deceptive: the legs, I swear, are black.] scarlets, lots of spare shells to ensure good behavior; fighting conch. Worms, lots of worms.

schmoeger6
05/01/2006, 10:06 AM
Might want to check out Saltwaterfish.com for clean up crews. I have never ordered from them, so I don't know about quality, but their prices seem pretty reasonable on their packages. If you want any Calurpa for your refugium let me know, I will be thining it out in the next week or two. It is full of pods, etc. I Can also dig out some bristleworms if you want any. JLMK

LegoZ81
05/01/2006, 11:04 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7282392#post7282392 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by schmoeger6
Might want to check out Saltwaterfish.com for clean up crews. I have never ordered from them, so I don't know about quality, but their prices seem pretty reasonable on their packages. If you want any Calurpa for your refugium let me know, I will be thining it out in the next week or two. It is full of pods, etc. I Can also dig out some bristleworms if you want any. JLMK
I've got a current tank up (with fuge) so i can seed bristle worms and pods along with possibly some calurpa but I think I am going to go Cheato only for this tank.

How many bristle worms to I need to get a population started in the 125? 10-15?
I know I have enough, just don't know how many I need to pull out of the other tanks sandbed.