PDA

View Full Version : Aquazone Plus 200 dead

Sparkss
05/01/2006, 02:11 PM
Well, this barely 7 month old ozoner quite producing ozone the other day (I don't know exactly when, since I don't typically purposely sniff the output :)). But today I did jsut that, suck on the output to see if I could detect any ozone, and nada. I started to suspect the unit when my ORP started to drop, and after testing now I know why. The unit lights up and the built in controller/monitor appears to be working fine, but no ozone is coming out of the unit *sigh* :(. I called Red Sea and am still waiting to hear back from them, but to be honest I am starting to lose faith in their products. The ozoner was kept in a clean, controlled space, away from any salt water or other typical "aquarium" environments. It still looks brand new, too bad it is jsut a useless black box currently :(

Sparkss
05/02/2006, 04:17 PM
Well, I find it hard to complain about either company in this affair. Red Sea and Marine Depot (where I bought the unit originally) have teamed up together to bring a happy ending to this tale :).

Many thanks to Pinky from Red Sea and Rodney from Marine Depot for making this happen.

I should be able to post some impressive results of the combined might of the Aquazone Plus 200 and the Berlin XL (that I bought 2 weeks ago for use as an ozone reactor) in terms of dosing ozone into our reef tank. I wholly expect it to be much more efficient at dosing than it was when we had it being injected into our skimmer. Updates to follow in the build thread I have going in the DIY forum :)

mburnickas
05/03/2006, 03:25 PM
I had issues with my 50mg unit and Pinky told me to wait a week since it was a new unit.

I asked on this very forum and it was a faulty unit and Pinky was wrong. I even called her back and she kept saying wait a week. I then said AGAIN, the 50mg unit is pumping out 115 mg per hour and I CAN NOT change it on the dial.

Contacted Marine Depot and they where a great help. They helped when Pinky did not. I am also not the first to complain about Red Sea below standard service....

So far, Marine Depot a++ for help, Pinky at Red Sea an F. Her service was below poor.

Based on that, I will NOT EVER be buying any, that is ANY Red Sea item again...So long and good bye Red Sea.....