PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Potteri Angel got stuck in net.

Rickster88888
05/02/2006, 05:38 AM
Hi all,

Just now while transfering my beloved potteri angel to my main tank using a net, somehow the spine at the gills got caught to my net. The fish struggled free and now there seems to be some bone sticking out of the gills...
I really dont want to waste such a rare and healthy specimen.....

Wad can or should i do next? :confused: :confused: :confused:

teo241
05/02/2006, 06:28 AM
i think all you can do is wait. if the fish is healthy, breathing slowly, eating ok, then it should heal itself. try not to stress it out.

thor32766
05/02/2006, 07:17 AM
yeah not much you can do. Just try to let him take care of it.

RichConley
05/02/2006, 09:17 AM
Bone sticking out of his gill? Angels have a single spine that sticks out on each side at the end of the gill plate. My potters spines are quite large. Thats probably what caught on the net, and you've probably just never noticed it before.

How is the angel acting? If hes acting fine, I wouldnt worry about it at all.

ReefHotSpot
05/02/2006, 09:45 AM
I don't mean to be a jerk, just passing on info. When netting angels, because of their spurs, it is always best to bunch up the net in your hand until the rest of the net is taught. Even though this increases the risk of the fish jumping out of the net, it greatly decreases the risk of him getting stuck in it. Learned through experience. :(

Rickster88888
05/02/2006, 10:06 AM
Yeah man after this time i will be using plastic bowl instead of nets... Scared the hell out of me.

After about 6 hours the fish seems to look and swims around fine, but not eating as much as it usually do. Lets keep out fingers crossed.