PDA

View Full Version : 24g aquapod questions

fowlr
05/02/2006, 03:00 PM
Hey all - I tore down my reef tank a couple years ago when I had to move, and haven't had one up since then due to lack of space. But now I'm getting the urge again and read about the aquapod aquariums and they seem pretty nice (and space-conscious). I could use a little advice though before I go any further.

I was thinking about the following setup:

+ 24g aquapod, no cover
+ 150w viper light
+ standard drop-in heater
+ prizm skimmer
+ iceprobe chiller and controller

I live in the SF bay area and have no A/C so the room temp will vary quite a bit from fairly hot to fairly cold (I turn the heater down at night). I'm hoping to keep SPS, a crocea clam, possibly an anemone, and a couple small fish. Specific questions:

+ will my old red sea prizm skimmer fit in there? from what I've read not many skimmers will, but I didn't see that one mentioned

+ has anyone successfully drilled/fit an iceprobe chiller through the back wall? I found a couple other threads asking about this but never saw an answer. I would prefer to not have a fan blowing across the top, and I'm guessing I will need the additional cooling at times.

Any other comments on the setup are welcome!

fowlr
05/04/2006, 12:02 PM
Bump :) , mainly for info on the iceprobe fitting into the aquapod.

neverwouldof
05/04/2006, 03:05 PM
not sure about the ice cap... but a coralife super skimmer 65 fits in the back right side without the bubble cup attached. also can do a fuge on the left side hangon the back. i'm sure the ice cap would work, i've just heard it's not as accurate as it should be but i haven't tryed it myself.

saltyESQ
05/04/2006, 08:47 PM
I put an aqua C romero skimmer on the back of mine and it is a dream.