PDA

View Full Version : Remora Pro Mod's

sirhelm
05/02/2006, 05:40 PM
Hi,

I picked up a used Remora Pro with a mag 3 pump and prefilter.

It is all setup and I would like to know if how I can modify it to make it:

1) Quieter. It is pretty loud...

2) Pump. What is the opnion on the Mag 3 pump. Should I get a different one, higher GPH?? Also do they sell a intake guard for the mag 3?

3) Collection cup. I set it up last night, and it overlfowed after approx 8 hours at the higest level. Any way to mod to a larger collection cup?

BTW I will probably take of the skimmer box... a tad bit big in the 60 gallon it is sitting in.

Thanks

SH

robsmith32
05/02/2006, 06:20 PM
if you have the prefilter box, for the remora, the guard wont' fit in it.
pump, i had used the mag5 for a while and went back to the 3 , seems more consistant with the 3.
quieter, use the oring, wear ear plugs... mine is noisy if it isn't mounted square. a towel over the top works wonders for the noise but does nothing for the looks

collection cup, you may want to run carbon for a bit if its overflowing at its highest, or have patience and keep emptying untill it catches up with the slimecoat or other stuff in tank causing it to go nuts.
yes skimmer box is big, but i have mine in 29 and dont' care to run it without it.
if you run the water level of the tank about an 1" below the rim it seems to skim better.

sirhelm
05/02/2006, 09:35 PM
Cool thanks for the advise. When I get my Canopy it will hide everything and then I can put a towel on it.

I will tell my wife to get some ear plugs....

LOL

SH