PDA

View Full Version : Need some help on Tunze stream pumps for 180g FOWLR

veasna
05/02/2006, 09:29 PM
I have had no luck in the Tunze forum trying to get some answers to my questions below for Tunze stream pump (6000) for my FOWLR 180g tank (72x24x24). I hope some kind souls here will be able to point me to the right direction.

Thanks much!

-Veasna

Here are my questions:

I am in the process of setting up my FOWLR 180g tank (72x24x24 inches) and I am considering getting Tunze Stream Kit TS21 (two 6000 + one 7095 controller) and the Deco Rocks. I have some questions that I hope you can help asnwer:

1. I would like to have just enough flow inside the tank as I am not a big fan of too much flow. Do you think two 6000 streams are too much or just enough for my tank?

2. My tank is in the living room and has only one left side (short-side - 24 inch ) facing the wall. The front, back, and the right side are open for viewing. I am concerned about having power cords showing inside the tank. Can you suggest how I might hide the power cords from these two stream pumps?

3. Where would you suggest I place these two pumps and how high should they be situated from the water surface since I will be using the two Deco Rocks to support them?

4. What kind of program configurations would you suggest for the 7095 controller setup to produce the appropriate flows for the tank? I will be starting with fish and live rocks and live sands, and tank cleaning crews. In the future I might add some easy-to-maintain corals.

5. How much heat will these two 6000 stream pumps produce for my tank? How about noise generation from these pumps?

6. How often am I supposed to take these two pumps out for maintaining and how difficult is it to get thse pumps back in shape until the next maintaintenant schedule?