PDA

View Full Version : Help with ICH!

GoblinFish
05/02/2006, 11:36 PM
Today i realized that my Hippo Tang has ICH on his right side. The white dots start from his pectoral fin and go all the way down to his tail. When i realized i quickly grabbed my RID ICH+ Disease Treatmnet and gave it a dose following the instruction on the container. I also dipped a piece of algea sheet with Garlic Xtreme from Kent Marine and fed him. I dont have a hospital tank so i will have to try to cure him in the main tank. Is there anything else i can do other than what i have already done ?

P.S. My Hawkfish seems to have a few white spots too around his head.

mbbuna
05/03/2006, 12:24 AM
please list all test results from every test kit you have

bertoni
05/03/2006, 12:30 AM
There's not much you can do except wait at this point. Keep trying to keep the animal fed, and hope for the best. A hospital tank is the way to go if you can swing one at all.

Rob Martin
05/03/2006, 06:28 AM
Agree with Bertoni,i battled with Ich on my Hippo Tang for ages.The only way i got rid of of it was QT.She hasn't had Ich since going back in display tank ( 3 months ).

GoblinFish
05/03/2006, 07:21 AM
OK so exactly how and what am i supposed to put in the QT tank ?
Just regular salt water and a filter ?

UrbanSage
05/03/2006, 08:15 AM
I have had luck with just keeping the fish in great health. I added Selcon to the food, dipped in garlic and kept my food ingredients in high quality. That seemed to make the situation come around.
Initially I went through the mess of capturing the fish. After loosing one overnight right after moving it my theory was that after having its life messed up by my catching it. It was in a bad shape to fight the parasite...

I hope for the best for you on this... ich sucks :(

[link removed]

m3ntal
05/03/2006, 08:28 AM
I bought kent rx p bc my sailfin tang came down with a REALLY bad case of ich... He was covered from head to tail.

After the 7 doses every other day it was completely gone to my suprise and none of my corals died. :)

bertoni
05/03/2006, 02:11 PM
For a hospital tank, you'll want a filter, a powerhead, a heater, and some PVC for hiding places. The filter needs to be "cycled" before the tank can be used.

GoblinFish
05/03/2006, 02:18 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7295522#post7295522 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by m3ntal
I bought kent rx p bc my sailfin tang came down with a REALLY bad case of ich... He was covered from head to tail.

After the 7 doses every other day it was completely gone to my suprise and none of my corals died. :)

Is Rx P Bc reef safe?

kraze3
05/03/2006, 02:36 PM
I wouldnt risk it. Get a hospital tank, use water from your main display to fill hospital. Treat all fish with hypo for 6-8 weeks and leave your main display fishless for 8 weeks.

Ich links
http://www.petsforum.com/personal/trevor-jones/marineich.html

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-08/sp/index.php

Hypo Links

http://www.petsforum.com/personal/trevor-jones/hyposalinity.html