PDA

View Full Version : Too much heat for a 20h?

jimi thing
05/03/2006, 04:31 PM
Hello, I was wondering if anyone out there can answer this. I am in the prosses of setting up a 20H with a canopy and I have a 175 MH in the hood with a 5'' fan pulling the air in the hood out from the back. The MH is about 7'' from the water line and I keep my house no warmer than 73 degrees at all times. My question is will I have any heat issues? Does anyone else have the same set-up as me? Thank You!

PiNaPLeX
05/03/2006, 04:43 PM
it doesn't sound like you should have any heat problems, but each tank is different. powerheads, skimmer pumps, return pumps add heat to the total system also.

One more way you can try to keep the heat down is to try and add a fan pulling air INTO your canopy to create a "flow" of air coming in and going out also.

nanoreef58
05/03/2006, 07:02 PM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=829573
This should answer all your ?? BTW I have 175w over a 10g 9" off the water a small computer fan holds a steady 79f

jimi thing
05/03/2006, 08:13 PM
Thanks guy's, Do you think this much light will hurt my coral? I have zoos, frogspawn, lobo brain, some mushrooms and leathers. They are all doing fine in my stock nano cube.