PDA

View Full Version : 12 Nano Dx LED won't light

godoggo
05/03/2006, 09:57 PM
Does anyone have this problem - my LED's won't light - system is about 6 months old - could they be burned out?

Also, fans are really noisy - can they come loose? need to be adjusted?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

midknight
05/04/2006, 11:18 AM
Hi Godoggo,

Don't know anything about this tank but basic trouble shooting should help.

Noisy fan - Whyis it noisy? is it loose or is something rubbing against it?

Lights - if the fan is loose it might has knocked the connection for the light loose. worse case would be if the wire for the LED got near the fan and the blades cut one ofthe connections.

Investigate both items and if either check the warrenty on the tank.

Hope this helps.

Dan

godoggo
05/05/2006, 09:22 AM
Ya, I've taken it all apart, tightened screws, checked connections - I think the LED's are dead - have to order a replacement.

The fan is "hanging-up" on something - it doesn't take much to push the blades out of balance - have to order a replacement also

Of course, just out of warranty - 6 months.

I'ts a bummer this stuff dosn't hold up with normal use

Thanks

matthewdmueller
10/15/2006, 06:42 AM
The JBJ nanos are known for some difficulties. First of all you are going to want to replace those fans. The ones that are stock pretty much bite and there are a lot of really good replacements out there for real cheap. For the LED's take a look at them, look into the lens, is there a black dot in the middle? If there is, they are fried and will have to be replaced. From my experience that is more trouble than it is worth and you are almost better of buying a separate moonlighting system and then puting it inside your light hood. Right now I am working on building my own LED rig for my 12DX that will use 5 bulbs, a 12VDC power supply, and a little reostat so I can adjust the brightness. I don't know about you but when my LED's did work they were like 2 little spotlights and that was it, kind of useless. Anyway I hope that this helps but if you need parts try www.nanotuners.com, they have some nice stuff and really good customer service if you have any questions. You can call them just to ask a question if you want they are more then happy just to chat about nano tanks.