PDA

View Full Version : Just came back from Baja.

bajababe
05/03/2006, 10:14 PM
Hello everyone, I wanted to pass along what a good time I had diving in Baja. You really should check it out! I started in Loreta, but did not like the atmosphere there, too much like a resort for me. Instead I hired a car and headed north to find a sleepy town called Mulege! I LOVED it there - there is only one dive center in town and they have just been bought out by new owners.

The place is called Cortez Explorers and they are PADI, but the guy there, Mick, is also a BSAC 2nd class diver (showing my age now) :p

Anyway - I dive with turtles, sealions a couple of mobula (even though out of season), and there were always dolphins heading out to dives (but none in the water I am afraid).

Anyway, I stayed a place that they offered as a package - for $89usd I slept in a really nice B&B, had a continental breakfast and they even packed me an excellent lunch for the boat! Oh, and that included two boat dives per day.

The only thing I did not get to was do a night dive, next time. Anyway, let 'em know if you want any more info on the place - I have been talking about them to everyone I can think of.

Their site is http://www.cortez-explorers.com

Please let me know what your thoughts are to diving later in the year.
-Hannah