PDA

View Full Version : We need some softies for the free frag give away...

Fizz71
05/04/2006, 09:08 AM
I don't have the list in front of me but I believe we will have 2 branching hammers, 1 candy cane, 1 large ricordia rock, one or two large zoanthid rocks, and several nice SPS colonies to frag for the give away. We also have some currently brown mystery color corals (from Bali, I believe). We were shooting for 150 frags.

I didn't want to buy any leathers since I felt they would take longer to frag on the spot unless we just gave a chunk with no mounting which I didn't want to do. The people who want the leathers are usually the people with the least experience (no offense) so I didn't want to make it difficult for them to get a viable frag.

Having said that. If you have any xenia, or leathers dropping babies, that you want to donate to the give away, we'd appreciate it. I know Bill King has more xenia than you can shake a stick at, so maybe he'll bring some. Xenia is a tough beast to keep alive, but those that do wind up with more than you know what to do with...been there..done that.

Anyway..if you have some leathers you can spare...even cut and mounted ones..that you can donate, we'd appreciate it. We are trying to make sure that everybody there gets something they want, but it's tough to guess how many people want SPS, LPS, or leathers...so the more choices we give them, the better. I have a feeling the LPSs will run out first.

Thanks.

--Fizz

ByTor
05/04/2006, 05:40 PM
Kev,
I have a bunch of colts(mounted)growing from the frag I won back 2004 oct swap... I have a good 5 of them each is at least 4 or 5 inches... I'll grab a quick pic... I also have some pinkish tan cabbage leather I'll just cut a big honkin piece and chop it up to those who want it... I also have a some green encrusting gorg (unmounted) and pink encrusting gorg mounted...

My reef is kicking again and you know me... Share the Reef...

mattydub
05/04/2006, 06:12 PM
guys, I'm not going to the swap, but sanjay is (right?) and I can send some stuff along with him...lmk

stuff I can give:
colts like crazy
pulsing xenia
green stars
blastomussa
green milli

LMK

Barney121
05/04/2006, 06:32 PM
Hi Matt, I'm not sure if Sanjay will be there actually but I will, so if you'd like to give some soft stuff it would be great. I'd need to get it Friday night, or we're meeting at the tank Friday at noon.

Scott

cinnamongirl
05/04/2006, 06:48 PM
I can mount (needle/thread) some decent sized kenya tree frags and small bright green sinulara frags to rubble to bring along. I should be able to get 2 of each pretty easily.

I have 2 devil's hand frags that have attached to rocks, I'll donate them, too.

I can also bring a few metallic green star frags.

LMK

Vickie

mattydub
05/04/2006, 07:22 PM
Hey Scott...give me a call friday night and you can come grab whatever you want.

Just don't let any of the "bad apples" win it! :rollface:

Sanjay
05/04/2006, 09:31 PM
Save that blastomussa for me.

sanjay.

mattydub
05/05/2006, 07:01 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7306884#post7306884 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Sanjay
Save that blastomussa for me.

sanjay.

yo homey, don't worry I got a 50+ header for you...when are we gonna lift that sucker into place? Give me a call...I'm DONE!

Fizz71
05/05/2006, 07:14 AM
I'm been looking all over for blasto to..I have some on reserve at the swap!

Anyway..thanks for all the offers...we'll take what we can get. Just let us know what you want us to do with any leftovers..I'm still trying to figure out the donation to RC thing.

--Fizz