PDA

View Full Version : Flame Scallop question from a beginner

Dirt4dinner
05/04/2006, 08:54 PM
I just got a flame scallop from a guy who was tearing his tank down. The scallop looks terrific and since being placed in my tank last night still looks WONDERFUL! But I want to make sure I keep him happy. My first question is, is he happy just sitting in the sand, or should I set him on a rock? I feed my tank live phytofeast daily, but someone told me that it may not be a bad idea to take the scallop out ever few days and set in a small tuperware bowl and drop a drop of phytofeast in with him so he can't help but eat it....does this sound like good advice? Any other info on this great looking addition to my tank would be wonderful. Thanks.

mbbuna
05/04/2006, 10:43 PM
flame scallos only live for about 2 years and need tons of food. i dont think it matters where you place it, it,' going to move where it wants.

perpetual98
05/05/2006, 07:46 AM
Yeah, they don't live terribly long, and they'll move wherever, most likely to the only place in the tank where you can't reach them. You could try direct feeding it in a bowl if you can grab it, or depending on where it settles, you could try the soda bottle thing too.

Chad Vossen
05/06/2006, 08:15 AM
my scallop got banished to my sump after a week in the display. he leaves behind all those stringy things on everything.

5 months and its still doing good down there.