PDA

View Full Version : Odyssea Lighting

mitlik1
05/07/2006, 08:42 AM
I have just seen a lot of ads regarding the new "2007" Odyssea 48" Metal Halide 717W Aquarium Light Ver.4 system. It has 3 X 175 watt HQI and 2x96W CF, and 4xBluemoon LED. $380 plus S & H. Just curious why this brand is so much cheaper? Does it work the same or will the ballast not work as well as more expensive systems. Just curious. I also have a pic of the system attached.
Thank you for your thoughts!

paisleyw
05/07/2006, 09:59 AM
Save your money, I bought one of their units (2 175W hqi with 2 96W pc's). I had many small problems with it the kicker was when I swapped out my halides one night and forgot to plug the quick release connector back up. I'm glad I was home because the plug started melting (it was arcing between the pins).
I only had mine for about 5 months and they are garbage, the pc's that came with it blew within the first month.

I hate giving bad reveiws but, I feel like these are a fire hazard. Please save yourself the effort and save up for any proven system. I ended up getting a 2/ 250W retro kit and am still out the money that I paid for their system. Just ask anyone who has delt with the selling companies. You will be much happier in the long run.