PDA

View Full Version : Stocking 150g have 2 what else to add...

kpk
05/07/2006, 11:59 PM
Hey all just need some input. I started a FOWLR tank and am maintaing it for my Girlfriends parents. The whole reason for this upgrade is she had a 55g with a 5" clown trigger and that was just pure sadness. Anyways Friday we added a dogface puffer, and thats all thats in the tank (except 2 blue damsels).

They are really wanting a Emperor angel, but I have read different things some say they are pretty easy to keep, some say not. As long as it's nutrition is good shouldn't one be ok?

The emperor, and maybe another fish or 2 would be all we put in the tank.

The tank is a 150g 6ft tank with a 55g sump/fuge with a super skimmer 220 and mag 7, 2 seio 1500's for flow, and 150lbs of live rock for added bio filtration. Also for lighting is 2x36" 96w pcs.

What would be a couple more fish to add after the emperor if that even works out?

I was thinking maybe a blue cheek trigger and a yellow or hippo tang, what do you think?

Thanks,
Kyle

thor32766
05/08/2006, 10:51 AM
if possible, i would recommend adding the emperor last. They are very territoral and you dont want him established before adding other fish. Some times it works fine, but i have a few friends that ran into problems with adding the emperor later.