PDA

View Full Version : Is my Puffer sick?

SaltyMember
05/08/2006, 05:45 PM
I posted this in the disease forum but did not get a response so I figured I would post it here. I hope someone can help.

I have a dogface puffer in my fowlr that I noticed him flashing against the LR today a few times over the course of 5 minutes or so. When I looked closer I noticed small raised, pimples on his skin. The right side of his body was worse. His eyes are clear and he is eating well. Also acting normal except that I noticed the flashing today.

I have seen white spot ich before and it doesn't look anything like that. It actually looks like the pimples originate beneath the skin, some appear dark and some are the same color of his skin. I apologize that I don't have pic.

The puffer is in a 125g with a foxface. Both were quarantined. The foxface has been in the tank with the puffer for 2 weeks and appears healthy, skin intact.

I have read about common marine diseases but it doesn't sound like anything I came across. Maybe this sounds familiar to someone? Should I watch and wait or place him into a treatment tank? If treatment, what should I use?

Any help appreciated.

SaltyMember
05/09/2006, 06:59 AM
BUMP

lakehorse61
05/09/2006, 01:07 PM
One of my dogfaces had this condition when we were moving & he was in a 75 holding tank which later turned into ich along with a porcipine puffer, a camel cow & a long horn cow.

i treated them with copper and they are all fine now and have been released into their new 685 gallon pond which they love.

the cream dogface that was bumpy however does harrass my other golden dogface....that is another issue.

XtrmCHoPZ
05/09/2006, 02:56 PM
Are you sure that he hasnt blown up recently? After the blow up and get back to normal size they look as is they have small dimples all over their body

SaltyMember
05/09/2006, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the responses. Well, it has been 2 days and it hasn't gotten any worse. Maybe even a little better. I didn't see him puff up if he did. He is acting normal and I haven't noticed any more flashing so I am going to wait and watch a little longer.