PDA

View Full Version : What is the best store in the Milwaukee area

BryanJ
05/09/2006, 11:32 AM
What is the best store in the Milwaukee area for fish? All of the stores in the Green Bay area the fish health is so so. Any reccomendations are appreciated.

prugs
05/09/2006, 07:47 PM
Fish health seems to be so so here & just about everywhere.
I look for healthy fish at the best price. And that varies all the time from store to store.
Sorry, not much help :)

horkn
05/09/2006, 10:28 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7335883#post7335883 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by prugs
Fish health seems to be so so here & just about everywhere.
I look for healthy fish at the best price. And that varies all the time from store to store.
Sorry, not much help :)

and thats about it in a nutshell...

BryanJ
05/10/2006, 06:34 AM
I had bought some fish at Preferred Pets in Janesville last December and the health of the fish shamed the stores around here. Everytime I look at them I am reminded of it. They just seem more alert. I was hoping maybe someone would say Hoffers which I have heard about repeatedly from people had outstanding livestock. We go to Janesville twice a year because of my wifes company I guess I will just save my fish dollars for that trip.

prugs
05/10/2006, 08:30 AM
There are many good stores in the Milwaukee area to buy from.
But it's up to you, to shop around, look & only buy healthy fish.
I've seen sick, dying, fish at almost every store I have been to in the country.
Your best bet is to buy from a hobbiest, that has cared for their fish.

BryanJ
05/10/2006, 08:38 AM
Well you know the hardest thing to have in this hobby is Paitence. :lol: I want a schoal of healthy Anthias and I want them now dang it:hammer: :fish1: :fish1:

Mac-E
05/10/2006, 11:02 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7338120#post7338120 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BryanJ
I had bought some fish at Preferred Pets in Janesville last December and the health of the fish shamed the stores around here.

Wow. That totally contradicts what the Madison reefers are saying on the MARS Forum (http://www.madisonreef.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=929&start=0).

Anyone else have experience w/ PP?

BryanJ
05/10/2006, 01:12 PM
When I was there it was a couple of kids working didn't see the infamous Steve. No retail store can compete with online prices and stay in buisness. So nobody should be holding that against them. Add shipping to the final cost and decide if you want your local LFS to stay in buisness is how I do it. I have what I call the 50 dollar rule if the difference is less then $50 I buy from the local guy on big ticket items.

Chads29
05/10/2006, 05:11 PM
If you are in for a Drive, Ken's Animal House in Lake Geneva can get just about any fish upon request at a decent price. He also fresh water dips every fish that comes in to kill off any parasites that may have came in on the fish. I have had the best luck with them. His prices are not rock bottom but they are reasonable. just my $.02

Good Luck,
Chad

BryanJ
05/11/2006, 06:32 AM
Chads29 thanks for the info I will have to check him out.