PDA

View Full Version : Shroom Extermination

XxDutchxX
05/10/2006, 10:34 PM
Is there anything that I can inject in mushrooms to get rid of them? They are begining to kill some very nice brain corals. :mad:

xtremedelta
05/10/2006, 10:54 PM
calcium with a needle

reefD
05/10/2006, 11:02 PM
yeah you can kill them off with same stuff that kills aptasia.
ok better advice is where are they growing to close for comfort? on substrate or rock. can the brain be moved. how about fraging each shroom and trading in for credit at lfs? you can do this simple by cutting them off at base with sharp utensiel. the thing is that when you cut them...no matter how close you get them off at the base...if any tissue remains on the growth surface they will regrow at that same place. in any case this stunts all growth so is another answer to keep the brain from suffering

i just think you should use this situation of fast growing shrooms as a benefit for you to sell them as they grow.

affan
05/10/2006, 11:17 PM
Shrooms? you got shrooms you wanna get rid of? is that legal on this site? PM me. :smokin:

XxDutchxX
05/11/2006, 11:55 AM
LOL affan.....I've already fragged shrooms for awhile, there just becoming an envasive killer to expensive corals. There on the same rock as the brain...already killed half of a colony :(

northbay-reefer
05/11/2006, 04:40 PM
I have so many freaking shrooms in my tank I have inject them with everything but nothing seems to work .... they are a pain for sure.

The best way so far is to take the rock out and sacrape them off one by one and keep doing it until they are all gone