PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI water question

Vanquishxxxx
05/12/2006, 01:23 PM
I am doing my first water change and am using ro/di water, shoudl i add any conditioner to the water, or do i not need to since it is not tap water? I have PRIME water conditioner, shoudl i jsut add it ot be extra safe or no?

salreus
05/12/2006, 01:32 PM
conditioner? you mean like a decloranator? The answer is no regardless. you just need the water.

On a note. it is not recommended to add water made today. made meaning added the salt to make salt water. It is recommended you wait a day or two before doing water changes after you make your salt water. Also you want to make sure your tank and replacement water match in SG,temp,PH.

and FYI, you don't use SW as evaporation water. you would only use RO/DI water for top off water.

Blown 346
05/12/2006, 01:34 PM
What Salreus said, The night before you do a water change you should make up new saltwater and place a power head in what ever thenew saltwater is in to make sure everything is mixed when you add it to the main tank.
If you can, a heater would help out as well, just as long as the new water has about the same temp as the tank.

Vanquishxxxx
05/12/2006, 08:51 PM
Ok, so dechlorinator or conditioner, thanks guys