PDA

View Full Version : I just wanted to brag...so to anyone who will listen

artman230
05/12/2006, 08:38 PM
I just moved my nano tank (20) hi from Pullman Wa. to Puyallup Wa. I am soo happy because I didnt lose any livestock. I packed it up pretty good all inside a styrofoam box that was also inside a cardboard box. I covered the live rock in wet newspaper, and paper towels, some of which had live coral on it. I bagged the livestock (royal gramma, skunk cleaner shrimp,wild ocellaris clown, two green reef chromis, and a few coral frags.)
and put them on top of the live rock. I havent done this before so I had expected something to die, however after 12 hours in a box they all made it. When I opened the box for the first time they were a little discolored, but still alive and well! I refilled the tank with fresh salt water, and put the live rock right in without acclimating it. some of the live rock had coral on it and even the coral didnt seem fazed at all. after almost a week the tank seems suprisingly very healthy. I plan on a 25% water change soon however I cant believe how resiliant marine life can be. Please feel free to share your nerve wrecking moving experiences with me. Also if anyone local (seattle-tacoma area) has any macro algae they are willing to part with for free or for a real low price please let me know, also share with me where the good live fish stores are in the area preferrably puyallup tacome area. And if you made it this far thanks for putting up with my ranting, and raving...im just shocked that I could pull it off.

Carl_in_Florida
05/12/2006, 09:17 PM
congratulations.

send me a frag

Agu
05/13/2006, 08:38 AM
Congratulations !

Send Carl a frag ;)

Sk8r
05/13/2006, 09:41 AM
Congrats from Spokane!