PDA

View Full Version : 1-Month Old Thriving Refigium

unimike
05/14/2006, 04:32 AM
My refigium, which is being pumped from the main tank and returned back to the main tank, have been up for a month now now it is blooming with some white stuffs which I do believe it is the white critters that are crawling all over on the refigium, few of them are swimming around in the water and the marco-alage is pretty much buried with the eggs so I can foresee that the population would multiply much quicker so here's my question...

Since the creatures in the main tank feasts on those critters so am I still required to feed them the regular feedings of bristle shrimps 2 x per day everyday since the critters are multiplying rapidly ?

Thanks in advance

Mike

reefnetworth
05/14/2006, 05:17 AM
copepods or ampods? cpoepods are the smaller of the two. ampods are about 1mm, copepods are barely visible. they feed on pooh and bad bacteria. they will eat phytoplankton and some algae. congrats! they mean your tank is doing great. REEF-ON!!!

unimike
05/14/2006, 01:22 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7363170#post7363170 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nano4brains
copepods or ampods? cpoepods are the smaller of the two. ampods are about 1mm, copepods are barely visible. they feed on pooh and bad bacteria. they will eat phytoplankton and some algae. congrats! they mean your tank is doing great. REEF-ON!!!

Thanks but do the fish feast on them if they feel hungry ?