PDA

View Full Version : How do YOU clean your T5 reflectors

dvanacker
05/14/2006, 08:08 AM
I run my lights pretty low 3-4" from the water with no shield. I have quite a bit of flow and surface agitation so they can get some spay. I clean them probably once a week with vinegar but still they get the calcium stains.

With my old coralvue reflectors I used Mothers aluminum rubbing polish (for polished aluminum rims) in the past every 6 months or so.

Well I have been using ICECAP SLR's and since they are quite a bit more money I was wondering if using an aluminum rubbing compond is a bad idea or good idea.

How do you clean your reflectors?

The Grim Reefer
05/14/2006, 10:15 AM
I just wiped my reflectors down often enough I didn't get the staining, not as much spray I guess. Whatever you use to try to polish the reflector I would try on an end or the back side first to make sure it doesnt do more harm than good. I am wondering if one of those Mothers polishing balls wouldn't be worth a try.

dvanacker
05/14/2006, 10:20 AM
I clean mine at least once a week with vinegar but eventual they get stained. like I said the polish seemed to work good on the coralvue reflectors so unless someone has a better idea thats probably what Im gonna have to do withe the SLR's.

horkn
05/14/2006, 11:09 AM
water. thats all it takes to clean mine. no staining either after 17 months