PDA

View Full Version : Tank Crash update

CastleRock
05/14/2006, 10:32 AM
Well it has been a while since the last update so here is the latest :)
The tank is doing well, fighting red hair algae but I can live with that.
I lost everything except some zoos. my PPE's but only a few heads made it but there alive.

My carpet barley made it and is still on the mend but doing well!
Upgraded the lighting over him to 400W MH, he likes :D

The hammer from Paul made it as did the Xena
Everything else died around $1500 in frags of rare and hard to finds :( VERY disappointing

CR goes up and into operation this week (waiting for media)

I have a few frags from Paul I need to pick up (Thanks Paul!) and will start looking to restock in the next few weeks as I feel things have come around and are stable
Vortech pump is now slated to ship from icecap at end of month.

SO If anyone in the club would like to help me rebuild a little that would be way cool!

I was trying to build my tank up with stuff that's not the norm so looking for same (yea I know im being picky)
I do not have much cash to put into frags right now with all the upgrades :( and the big bite in the butt of loosing all my stock.

But I do strive to find hard to get and rare stuff that I will gladly share when I get them to a frag-able state.
I do not forget ppl that help me ;)

Thanks to everyone that sent me messages of support and advice over this hard time, because of you folks I still have a tank and did not toss in the towel so to the club members a BIG THANK YOU!

Doug

Deuce67
05/14/2006, 12:24 PM
Glad to hear everything worked out good for you. I aint got much too offer but, I have some common sps frags that you are welcome to. Still dont have that Vortech yet huh? Im waiting for your review before I decide if I should get one. Hopefully they could get all the bugs out and you can finally get yours.

CastleRock
05/14/2006, 01:37 PM
Yea they had a issue with the shaft for the impeller, cheap plastic and it was absorbing water and swelling thus jamming up the whole thing.
Issue solved but knocked back shipping of the 2ed batch till the end of the month or first part of next month:(

Thanks for the frag offer I may just take ya up on it :)

murfman
05/14/2006, 03:05 PM
let me know when you want to come down and get your frags. You can pic from just about anything in the tank, except for Lyn's corals that I am babysitting ;=). I am back working 2-10pm but off Fri/Sat.

CastleRock
05/14/2006, 08:44 PM
Thanks Paul :)

racer69
05/16/2006, 08:00 PM
Doug, if you make it down to the meeting at my house this weekend, you can pick frags out of my tank. They are all pretty common, but you need a new start.

CastleRock
05/16/2006, 08:10 PM
Thanks guys :) I will be at the meeting this weekend