PDA

View Full Version : almost like a splinter- disease?

r0bin
05/15/2006, 07:15 PM
Hi guys I got a lemonpeel angelfish on Friday. I have noticed since friday it has an area on its dorsal fin near the rear that looks like a splinter logged in the fin. Its not red, its not moving or getting larger. It is only on one side and is a little raised looking. Its may a little darker yellow than the rest of the fin. The fish has no symptoms, swim and eats normally. At first I just passed it off as a nip by another fish, but now I am not so sure. What do you guys think? I have checked the disease forums and dont see anything that seems like it could be it, b/c the angel has NO symptoms of anything.

leebca
05/16/2006, 09:27 AM
:lol:

I know what you're talking about. I wondered when someone would ask about that! "Splinter" is a good description.

Quite often a dorsal 'barb' is dislodged or displaced during netting/capture. It isn't anything to worry about. If the fish is getting the proper foods/nutrition and isn't in a stressful situation, it should heal.

A more serious case could become infected. Just watch for other signs of infection.

BTW, the healing process for this could take months.

For nutrition, see this:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=785228

:rollface:

r0bin
05/16/2006, 11:31 AM
OM Gosh you, thank you. My birthday is tom. and you have made me feel so much better about this. I WILL keep an eye on it. YOu made my day today with your help.

r0bin
06/05/2006, 10:50 AM
Could you please give me the signs of infection you were speaking of. The area around the barb has broken down a lot and I am a little concerned. Fish still VERY healthy and eating/swimming properly.