PDA

View Full Version : almost that time

grendl
05/16/2006, 11:13 AM
I finally got the flooring in my fish/computer room reinforced... I am pretty sure I could park a car in that room now... maybe even a car filled with water.

Sooooo... Now I need to finish repainting & fill my tank with water. My question is, for the initial fill, would I be ok to fill it with tap water, or should I fill with RO/DI. Of course I realize RO would be preferable, but thats alot of water. Assuming I have my kit set up correctly, that would be around 500 gallons of water/waste water to fill up the tank & sump.

Opinions?

LowCel
05/16/2006, 12:52 PM
I wouldn't start off with the tap water. If you do that you will never get all of the bad things out of it. It would suck to have to fight algae for years just because of the initial fill up.

LtPiper
05/16/2006, 01:47 PM
I agree. I would go with RO water to.

grendl
05/16/2006, 03:27 PM
hrm

I need someone to take my wife out of town for a couple days, so she doesnt blow her stack when she realizes all the water I am flushing. har

Reef4Fun
05/16/2006, 03:32 PM
I filled my 120 with tap, and then bought a ro/di unit and did a 30 gal water change and later a 20, and I use it for filling the evaporated water....but that was honestly a big mistake, I should have waited on the unit because I have alge galore, its terriable.

essop3
05/16/2006, 03:32 PM
That is alot of tap water to put in there. It would take many water changes to get everything right.

crabfan
05/16/2006, 04:43 PM
Definitely RODI water.

Get things right at the start....from there big boy....you are on your own! hehe