PDA

View Full Version : WartSkin and a lion ?

Marco67
05/16/2006, 03:11 PM
I have a yellow wartskin now for coming on 2 years, just upgraded his tank from a ViaAqua 21 gal to an Oceanic 37 cube. His only roommate is a neon Damsel named lucky. I'd really like to add a black volitans 4-5" that I have in another system, has anyone ever kept these two together.

XtrmCHoPZ
05/16/2006, 03:13 PM
EVen if they get along that tank is too small for a volitan lion.

Marco67
05/16/2006, 03:24 PM
not at 5" it's not

saltyESQ
05/16/2006, 04:15 PM
they grow very fast, he will outgrow that tank in a couple months

Marco67
05/16/2006, 05:19 PM
Guys Look at my sig....I really don't have a problem housing the fish responsibly in the future.
With all due respect I didn't ask for opinions on tank sizes I asked
"Has anyone kept these two together"
Sorry for the little rant there but I'm really not looking for a debate on tank size or growth rate I'm well aware of both.
I'm specifically looking to exchange "experiences" with someone that has kept both fish together.
Thanks a lot
Marc

tgcreef
05/16/2006, 08:06 PM
i dont know if i would because both of them are stupid enough to try to put one another in their mouths because a frog will try to eat somthin as big as it or bigger and the lion is the same so i personaly wouldnt do it

XtrmCHoPZ
05/16/2006, 09:59 PM
I have seen anglers and lions in the same tank before, and in a bigger tank their probably wouldnt be any problems, as long as the lion is bigger than the angler. I know you dont want to hear it but why would you even put a lion in a tank that small? Even if youre planning on moving him? Why not just put the lion in a bigger tank now? NOt trying to debate at all........just that i had a 5" volitans that turned into a 12" volitans in just over a year.

stykthyn
05/17/2006, 12:21 AM
I see this being a contest of who has the biggest mouth. one will eventually try to eat the other. I have seen many angler suck down a lion, and I truly hoope that your damsel is aptly named.

jelwyoming
05/01/2008, 12:51 PM
I kept an antennated lionfish with a frogfish for several years with no problems at all. Then one day while cleaning the tank, the frogfish swam ackwardly over the lionfish, landing on his spines. The frogfish was paralyzed on one side. He ended up dying about 3 weeks later. I am a slow learner though, I am setting up a little bigger tank with a lion and a frogfish again. I will just be more careful to not cause an accident like that in the future.