PDA

View Full Version : suggestions please

TXReefer21
05/19/2006, 12:58 AM
It's time for a new tank. Ive got a good idea of the equip i want but since i have been out for awhile id like to get some feed back. The tank will be for softies and LPS.

-105 gallon oceanic
- Custom stand and Canopy
-Oceanic Sump
-DAS BX-1 Skimmer ( same as Deltec turbo1250)
- Sea Swirl what size 3/4?
-200 watt Heater
- 2X250watt halides HQI what bulbes should i use?
-2x110watt VHO
-red dragon return pump good choice which one?
-red dragon for cloed loop which one?
I want something to read Ph temp and all those things to any suggestions? Anything else i need let me know.

-_Nathan_-

TXReefer21
05/19/2006, 01:14 AM
I also need a chiller any suggestions there?

-_NATHAN_-

mg426
05/19/2006, 01:39 AM
A pinpoint for PH is not a bad idea.

TXReefer21
05/19/2006, 01:53 AM
Thanks MG i will add that to my list :)

Burgman
05/19/2006, 06:45 AM
Hi,

Go with a reef ready 120 gal tank. You will like the extra room.

Dave

TXReefer21
05/19/2006, 02:10 PM
I cant go with a 120 nor do i want to.

-_Nathan_-

fishball
05/19/2006, 03:18 PM
hi i have a retail store in NY where i sell, install, and build custom aquarium set-ups.

srt8: if you are doing reef its better to use a refugium system and you are gonna need a chiller to make up for the heat caused by the halides and pumps. also, you are forgetting to get a u.v., that part is great as you shouldn't risk a chance of getting a parasite outbreak. it is MUCH harder to treat parasites in a reef tank compared to a "fish only" tank. consider getting a calcium reactor, this can give you the proper calcium levels and take care of the ph, hardness and alkialine/acid levels last but not least, get a r.o unit and start right from the beginning with r.o water.

TXReefer21
05/19/2006, 05:20 PM
sorry for askn for info on this board i dont need a calcium reactor for soft corals nor do i need a UV a refugiume is not a better way wheres the proof theres 10 million ways to do this. I use natural sea water from catalina this isnt my first tank. Thanks for the suggestions but not exactly the kind of info i was looking for i will stay with other BB's as far as im concerned this one sucks.

Ursus
05/19/2006, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't say you NEED anything you don't have besides possibly a chiller, but since you're using water from the ocen that is full of nasty stuff, a UV could help, but then again, mixing your own saltwater would be better. If you don't like the advice you're getting thats fine, but to be fair... you asked.

Northtampatang
05/19/2006, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the suggestions but not exactly the kind of info i was looking for i will stay with other BB's as far as im concerned this one sucks.

LOL, with an attitude like that, you'd be better to stay on other boards.

robgeib
05/19/2006, 08:38 PM
If you already know what you want why are you asking? I'll bet every opinion that isn't your opinion sucks!!!

badpacket
05/19/2006, 09:50 PM
Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

However, Fishball's reply is sort of way off tangent.
The OP did -not- need
a fuge
a chiller
U.V.
Calcium reactor
Ro/DI

Some make some sense, however none really answered the OP's question. Everyone one of Fishball's posted replies starts with
"hi i have a retail store in NY where i sell, install, and build custom aquarium set-ups."
If you have a minute, you might want to check out what is now lurking on RC. And, clicking this link is free!

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=848410

TXReefer21
05/19/2006, 11:20 PM
No my opinon isnt the only right one im just sayn no one seemed to answere the questions i wanted suggestions on the equipment i chose and ideas on how well this systems would work or if there where things i was missin. But i got more reply from sayn this board sucks then anything else. Also if this board was so dang informative then you might not have to pay just to use the freakin search and questions wouldnt be asked over and over and i could have figured this all out on my own. Thanks MG426 your the only one who helped at all i will look into the pinpoint.

-_Nathan_-

Anemonebuff
05/19/2006, 11:35 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7399459#post7399459 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fishball
hi i have a retail store in NY where i sell, install, and build custom aquarium set-ups.

srt8: if you are doing reef its better to use a refugium system and you are gonna need a chiller to make up for the heat caused by the halides and pumps. also, you are forgetting to get a u.v., that part is great as you shouldn't risk a chance of getting a parasite outbreak. it is MUCH harder to treat parasites in a reef tank compared to a "fish only" tank. consider getting a calcium reactor, this can give you the proper calcium levels and take care of the ph, hardness and alkialine/acid levels last but not least, get a r.o unit and start right from the beginning with r.o water.

Just a shot in the dark, but do you know Manny from Pet Barn in Franklin Square, LI?

He was just mentioning that he had a friend that builds custom aquariums in Brooklyn.

Just a coincidence?