PDA

View Full Version : DT's Reef Blend

reefnetworth
05/19/2006, 03:35 AM
yesterday, someone posted a question about food for corals. i responded to the question with the brands i use. Randy also replied to the same question with opposition. listed are the sites with more info. than i provided. www.dtplankton.com & www.twolittlefishes.com (Marine Snow) REEF-ON!!!

Randy Holmes-Farley
05/19/2006, 06:30 AM
By Randy you mean me? I don't recall posting any comments about coral foods yesterday.

daytonians
05/19/2006, 09:26 AM
The link to twolittlefishes doesn't work. What are you trying to say? I'm lost.

Shawnts106
05/20/2006, 08:03 PM
I duno what either...

DT's Phyto is the best stuff in the world Ive been useing it for years... and LOVE the stuff...

the Reef Blend formula is 2 to 8 Microns and the new
PREMIUM REEF BLEND fomula they have came out with is 2 to 20 microns...

Im currently useing BOTH and Oyster Eggs...

love the stuff HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

reefnetworth
05/21/2006, 04:42 AM
thread: coral-vite whatcha guys thinking? 5/18/06 @ 7:13 a.m. (not adding a coctail without knowing all ingredients) i was just giving site address with ingredient listing. i no longer use Marine Snow, just DT's every other day.

BeanAnimal
05/21/2006, 04:46 AM
From my understanding, the corals don't use much of the phyto (if any) at all, they like meaty foods. Filter feeders on the other hand love phyto... So pouring the stuff into a tank without filter feeders is adding nutrients to the water with nothing to eat them.

Not sure what this had to do with chem though :)

reefnetworth
05/21/2006, 07:07 AM
www.dtplankton.com

Boomer
05/21/2006, 10:28 AM
yesterday, someone posted a question about food for corals. i responded to the question with the brands i use

No, he posted to a question on coral-vite, that is not food but a sup.

From my understanding, the corals don't use much of the phyto (if any) at all

That would be ccorrect Bean :D It is Zooplankton :D They eat animals not algae ( Phytoplanton is algae). Athough most of their diet is from Algae, intenal zoozanthallae.

Randy Holmes-Farley
05/21/2006, 03:11 PM
I do not have much opinion on DT phytoplankton. I have used the oyster eggs on a goniopora, but IMO it is too expensive to continue that.

Shawnts106
05/21/2006, 04:21 PM
I do not have much opinion on DT phytoplankton. I have used the oyster eggs on a goniopora, but IMO it is too expensive to continue that

Yes it is rather expensive... but a good food...
I just assume useing the Phyto by DT's to boost the pod population to feed the corals...

either way.. they are both great products.

reefnetworth
05/21/2006, 08:36 PM
i dose every 2 days, (5 ml) not the recommended (25 ml) @ 70g for filter feeders/feather dusters.

jumpincactus
05/24/2006, 08:50 PM
Snake oil I say.............. Why is it I have seen many beautiful reef tanks over the years and some of them were stunning with great coral growth and excellent coloration, and guess what the keepers did not feed anything but the few fish in the reef.

Shhhhh dont say that too loud LFS would not like to hear that :)