PDA

View Full Version : It's a Good Day

Travis L. Stevens
05/19/2006, 02:15 PM
Just trying to strike up a conversation. No one's posted today.

What's happening in your box of water? Anything cool? My peppermint shrimp is pregnant again.... That's about it on my end

SweetFawn
05/19/2006, 02:51 PM
I'm loving my box of water more and more all the time. I got a couple of new frags on Wed. and they are looking good! Pics can be seen in my thread "So I've been playing with my new camera...", the favia is one of the new ones and my new zoas hadn't fully opened when I took the pics, I will have to snap a pic when I get home from work.

Congrats on the upcoming shrimps :p

Travis L. Stevens
05/19/2006, 03:07 PM
This is the third batch that she's had in about a month in a half to two months. I used to have four Peppermint shrimp. One died shortly after introduction. Three of the four were pregnant when I got them. A second died recently, and now I'm left with a Boy and a girl that seem to be breeding regularly. It's really cool to see the babies

Snprhed
05/20/2006, 06:15 AM
I just got a new clam. He looks great!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/snprhed/gigas3.jpg

SweetFawn
05/20/2006, 09:16 AM
Congrats, that a very pretty clam. I love blue ones! :p

keckles
05/20/2006, 12:57 PM
What a lovely picture, Cory. ;)

Paul Burgess
05/21/2006, 08:11 PM
Today I just purchased a Majestic Angel. I have been wanting one for 10 years.

Ladipyg
05/21/2006, 08:55 PM
Seems peppermint shrimp have great reproductive powers...didn't know they could repoduce so often...just found about 10 babies in my fuge while I was trying to trim some Chaeto...now I'll have to wait...oh well...

Snprhed
05/22/2006, 07:55 AM
Travis, do the baby Peps actually survive? If so I would like to purchase a couple (if you want to get rid of a few). I got a new tank with live rock that has Aiptasia.

Travis L. Stevens
05/22/2006, 07:58 AM
I'm afraid not. They quickly become food for my tank. Especially my Tubastrea and Chromis. They eat that tiny stuff like nothing else. If one miraculously survives in my refugium, I'll let you know though. I have thought about aquaculturing them if I ever get a greenhouse set up.

BTW, you should submit that to SweetFawn for next month's Photo of the Month for the newsletter. That's quite a beautiful clam and picture