PDA

View Full Version : Remora Noise problem

Martyg6
05/21/2006, 12:23 PM
Just purchased a aqua c remora and have had it in my tank for a week. the instructions say it will quiet down, but mine is as loud as the day i got it. Any suggestions on how to reduce noise, thanks alot

gangstafish
05/21/2006, 02:55 PM
Sometimes it might take longer than a week to quiet down. It depends on how much live rock,how much you feed your fish,etc.

purza_00
05/21/2006, 03:32 PM
Some noise reduction can be obtained by folding a paper towel and placing it just above the injector area.

Martyg6
05/21/2006, 03:58 PM
really that sounds like it would work. How thick should it be and how often do u change the paper towel?? Thanks alot for ur suggestions

purza_00
05/21/2006, 04:34 PM
My unit doesn't bother me. I tried it with one paper towel and noticed some improvement. Experiment and find a suitable thickness. I am not currently using one, but would imagine it only needs to be replaced if it starts to get really wet. It sets above the water, so should stay relatively dry.

spline9
05/21/2006, 04:35 PM
Doesnt matter how thick. Just get one square of paper towel and fold it up so it covers the injector area. If you have your collection cup all the way down, the paper towel may be a tad too thick so trim accordingly. Otherwise, as long as it covers the area, it will baffle the noise.
No need to change unless its lookin nasty.

I have both flavors of Remora and use this on both of them. Theres still a tad bit of noise but thats expected. The reduction of noise is significant, though.

Martyg6
05/21/2006, 04:55 PM
just did this with a towel folded over. doesnt impede the cup out all. GREAT IDEA!!! My Remora is silent. silent

Kaos
05/21/2006, 07:04 PM
Excellent trick! My skimmer wasn't even loud enough to bother me, but I tried it anyways and worked like a champ. I can't even hear it now. Thanks!