PDA

View Full Version : MRC CR-3 problem - Please help!

jdsabin1
05/21/2006, 06:15 PM
I have a new MRC CR-3 reactor with the spraybar, etc and this morning when I woke up to check the tank I realized that the MJ1200 that is in my sump that provides water to the reactor is not sending water to the reactor. Instead it's spraying some pressure in but then it acts like it's getting pressure from the reactor/pump side as well. Like I said, water just stays in limbo land between the MJ1200 and the reactor inlet basically.

The reactor has been up and running with no problems the last few months.

The bottom line is it's not sending water back to the sump via the normal line like it's supposed to. I took the reactor apart and cleaned everything, along with the MJ1200 pump too but it's still doing the same thing.

Has anyone seen this before? I have no idea what to do now.

Help!

Thanks,

-Jeff

Zoom
05/21/2006, 06:35 PM
How long the reactor been set up?

jdsabin1
05/21/2006, 07:05 PM
For a few months now with no problems.

Zoom
05/21/2006, 07:14 PM
Is this reactor have the Iwaki 20 /Panworld type resurculating pump?

jdsabin1
05/21/2006, 07:28 PM
Yes the yellow Iwaki type pump (blu-line I think it is). I opened the needle valve on the top of the reactor (where you regulate the flow of the water coming out of the reactor) and when I opened the wheel valve all the way open it started running again so I then dialed it back in to a slow drip. Perhaps it's related to a faulty valve there?

Zoom
05/21/2006, 08:04 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7411849#post7411849 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jdsabin1
Yes the yellow Iwaki type pump (blu-line I think it is). I opened the needle valve on the top of the reactor (where you regulate the flow of the water coming out of the reactor) and when I opened the wheel valve all the way open it started running again so I then dialed it back in to a slow drip. Perhaps it's related to a faulty valve there?
This pumps have very good back pressure so you need to be careful with the media getting clog and the needle valve getting stack i don't like the JG valves at the top of the reactor i use a deferent valve for adjustments.

http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/iid/8317/cid/2120