PDA

View Full Version : Nanocube 24g Stock Filter - Bubble Spewing

rdl2k5
05/21/2006, 06:49 PM
I can post a picture if necessary but someone may have heard of this. I'm stumped. Out of the power head it appears that air bubbles are spewing forth into the tank. It could even be sand? It does this non stop. I can't think of anything I've done differently.

It looks like just tiny air bubbles but I could be convinced otherwise. I've had the filter out and it looks pretty basic. (Nothing caught in it, etc). I didn't want to do too much disassembling for fear of never getting it back together.

The tank looks like a sprite with bubbles rising to the top of it non stop as a visual.

24g nanocube. Filter that came with it.

I can't afford to "upgrade" right now, I'd like for what I have to work in some capacity so please don't tell me to buy "This cool $300 filter!"

Thanks for the help!

Richard

rdl2k5
05/22/2006, 12:40 PM
Any ideas on this? Got blasted to page 4 in a hurry.

newnano
05/22/2006, 03:37 PM
what do you mean "the filter"? are you running this as a marine or reef tank? if so you wont want to use the bio balls and the filter media that they give you. it will just trap nitrates. i simply use the sponges to catch things coming over the overflow. but you have to clean the sponge very often.

if the tank has just been set up then they might disappear once all the oils from pumps, packaging and things not natural to a reef tank are out of there.