PDA

View Full Version : Aquatronica

this is me
05/22/2006, 10:21 AM
Anyone have any experience with this? I'm currently looking at this or Aquacontroller. Dont know which one I want since the AC jr is sufficient for my tank set up right now. But I'm thinking about the long run when I want to upgrade. The Aquatronica seem to be flexible and upgradable. But more money as well. The other concern I have with both of these units is the powerstrip. Each socket seem to be too close together. So when you have a big plug like the fan and the heater, wouldn't that take up the whole powerstrip. So instead of 8 power outlets, you really have only 5(?). Any picture of your set up is really appreciated.
Thanks

KaBoOm
05/22/2006, 02:06 PM
There is quite a lengthly thread in this forum about Aquatronica. I think the biggest thing with the Aquatronica is the ability to upgrade it. They've just released news about the upcoming Ethernet Connection and Webserver along with a whole bunch of other items. You can read about them here: www.aquariumobsessed.com

The powerstrips are really what set the Aquatronica apart from the AC stuff. I really like the design and no X10! The sockets haven't been a problem for me except maybe one AC adapter that I have plugged into a short extension cord that goes into the powerbar.

They are definately worth the money, I've been very happy with mine.

Zaphod
05/22/2006, 03:19 PM
take this for a read

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=514711&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

RobbyG
05/23/2006, 11:49 PM
Aquatronica is great, they had some issues at the start but 99% have been fixed with software updates. It's definetly the most upgradable controller on the market and you can get the basic setup for a really low price, check out the starter special at Aquariumobssesed.com

The Powerstrip plugs are close but not so close that things cant fit. If you do have a problem you can buy short Plug extendors at Amazon.com