PDA

View Full Version : clown has ich

angelsj247
05/22/2006, 01:20 PM
well my clownfish (the male) has had ich for about 2 weeks now. and has not gotton worse. Just has 2 specks in the middle section of his body. should i take some action and set up a quarentine (which i really dont want to do bc its to much work to look after 2 tanks)
should i get some kent garlic and just hope for the best. or get kick ich.. since i heard it was reef safe? anyone had experience with this.
thanks for the help.

kraze3
05/22/2006, 06:04 PM
id recommend treating with hyposalinity. I think its the easiest and safest way. I dont like the the whole " wait it out and hope the fish can fight it off" stuff. Just me though.

kevin2000
05/25/2006, 08:08 AM
If you want an ich free tank your best bet will be to Qt all fish and treat. If you leave your ST without fish for 5-6 weeks the ich within the ST will die off naturally (ich need a fish to perpetuate their life cycle).

If you don't QT/ treat - your fish may develop some level of immunity to ich and depending on the level of immunity your fish may survive ... unfortunately, if that level of immunity is "partial" the ich may also survive at a low level and surface at a later date ... in a few cases the level of immunity is "total" and, if so, the the ich may totally die off. Major crapshoot.