PDA

View Full Version : Aqic c 120 ?????????????????

tatoofr
05/24/2006, 07:57 AM
Hi,
Cant seem to get my Aqua c 120 to produce anything.
I have it plumbed externial sitting next to the sump drilled with the water returning through a bulkhead into the sump.
Im running a mag 7 pump. Tried all different water levels inside the skimmer, the air bubbles rise up to about the middle of the skimmer, but nothing starts to build up after that.
Do these skimmers work? What could be wrong?

Thank:mad:

printedpaper
05/24/2006, 08:01 AM
Tatoofr, sclool down to the Aqua C page. There is lots of help from some who have been through what you are going through

tatoofr
05/24/2006, 08:41 AM
Where?

printedpaper
05/24/2006, 11:52 AM
Sorry the Aqua C thread is maybe on the next page or two. Lots of good help there. Mark

robsmith32
05/24/2006, 11:59 AM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=594995

that's the thread, but how is your input pump setup? is it in the first not changing area of your sump, or is it sitting in at bottom of an open sump?
if the latter, its hard to get anything out of it.
for instance for you to try, real cheap..
go to dollar store, Dollar tree , everything a dollar type..
Get a plastic container that will fit your pump into it. without lid. put it in your sump where the top is just an inch or 2 from the surface. put your pump in it, make sure room between the input and end of box.. and put your overflow into the back side of it.

Give time for tank to adjust to the new plastic, and you should start seeing foam building.

Or get a bucket, and sit your pump and overflow into it. and i'd still do the plastic box as it helps keep the air bubbles from the overflow from getting into the skimmer and disrupting it.
You can see if its the airbubbles killing the skimmer by closing off your airvalve completely and seeing if still has bubble coming up.

for whatever reason my ev-180 stopped on me yesterday, and wouldnt' foam back up. I put the plastic box back in to hold the pump, and a water change. and within an hour the foam was built back up.

tatoofr
05/24/2006, 01:18 PM
Wow,
I just looked at some of the photos in the thread, Amazing gunk these skimmers are pulling out,
Wish I knew why my doesn't, or what im doing wrong.
Frank

Yinger
05/24/2006, 01:28 PM
what kind of pump do you have on it?

raddogz
05/24/2006, 01:32 PM
How long have you had this skimmer? The skimmer does take awhile to break-in.

tatoofr
05/24/2006, 03:03 PM
Hi,
Im running a mag 7,
I ran it on my hos. tank for about 3 weeks,it didnt do much but I thought because of the low bio load.
I now have it on my 120 for 3 days.
Thanks all

raddogz
05/24/2006, 03:14 PM
You may have to wait at least one week to two weeks on the outside, afterwards you can adjust the gate valve for more or less watery skimmate.