PDA

View Full Version : Condy ?

Pattylucylaura
05/24/2006, 11:18 AM
Are these safe for clowns i have heard of them killing the fish I have a pair of Oscellaris and I would like find a host for them and condy's seem to be more readily available and a little cheaper but want to make sure it will be ok to try.

boomsticks
05/24/2006, 12:30 PM
I have never had a bad experience with one. I have owned two over the years, but never once had a clown host to it. Clowns are from Indo-Pacific and surrounding areas, Condy's are native to Carribean so they are not naturally found to host clowns. Try a BTA they are reletivly cheap and don't have the strict requirements most other anemones do.

Best of luck,

Mike

bjonesjr1
05/24/2006, 12:35 PM
my condy has never hosted my black & white perc. either

Pattylucylaura
05/24/2006, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the input I will keep my eye out for something else.

Safir
05/24/2006, 02:15 PM
I've herad stories ranging from condys overgrowing peoples tanks and eating all their fish, to clowns hosting in them for years - i've even seen a tomato at a LFS hosting in one, but i think most often they will be ignored by most clowns - my GSM clowns ignore my condy, and it leaves all my other livestock alone.

Jamie1210
05/24/2006, 03:33 PM
my white striped marroon clown hosted in one for the longest time, but then when I got her a bubble tip, she dove for the BTA immediately, and then went from anemone to anemone! I personally have had great experiences w/them.

~jamie

TonyGee29
05/24/2006, 03:36 PM
I had a True Perc and my Pink Condy anenome ate him
i would watch out the same thing happened to my friends marroon with the smae kind of anenome

stykthyn
05/25/2006, 01:59 AM
I have had fish host in them plenty of times, but they are a catch 22. you never know when it will swallow someone. they are also notorious for travelling and will sting other inverts to death