PDA

View Full Version : Tank re-arrangement

dantodd
05/25/2006, 10:39 AM
Well, I've posted a bit about the aggression I am seeing in the tank. 3 days ago the fish knocked over one of the rocks that were creating the "cave" my BTA was using to hide his foot. He sort of moved his foot a little but was mostly behaving the same as normal.

This morning I have 2 BTAs. The main BTA split off a little anemone about 5" across. Sort of hard to tell exactly how big it is because it isn't opening up all the way. He looks really healthy though so I think I'll be completely re-arranging the rockwork, trying to break-up the aggression and creating a place for the BTA to create a mini-colony.

dantodd
05/26/2006, 11:41 AM
OK, I was wrong. This morning I have 3 anemones. I'm not sure if the larger clone was still in the process of splitting yesterday or if he split in 3 from the beginning and only now are the clones moving far enough apart to see how many there are.

Hopefully they'll all do well. The smaller one I saw yesterday has moved to a shaded spot in the tank and the other 2, larger clones are staying close to their original spot. They are close enough in size that I have no idea which I would consider the "mother" clone.

Interestingly on the smallest one I was able to see what looked like septal filaments on the edge so I suspect that it took part of the "mouth" with it. The others are all hiding enough of their oral disks that I can't tell if they also have part of the mouth with them or if they have already closed up on a comlete mouth.

I really hope I can start feeding him again soon. I'd like to get him around 10" or so for display.

SEAFLOWERS
05/26/2006, 02:31 PM
Dan,

are those Clarkiis in your avatar? if so are they the ones in your tank that you are talking about. I have a good story about what they almost did to my tank when they decided to re-arrange the rockwork.

dantodd
05/26/2006, 04:52 PM
She is still in the tank. He is in the sump. Damn sex change operation ruined a good thing.