PDA

View Full Version : clown gobie missing

enemec1
05/25/2006, 06:20 PM
I added a clown gobie this past sunday, he was sucked into the HOB overflow he lived that trama but was not doing well the next day. Today I can not find him he may have passed on to another life. Is it possible that the emerald crabs eat his remains and will this cause a water problem soon? I just tested for ammonia and I'm reading 0. The rest of the fish in the tank seem to be doing fine.

bertoni
05/25/2006, 06:35 PM
I doubt you'll see much of a water quality issue, if any. That tank is pretty large and cleanup crews are usually effective for dead fish.

IPowderBlueTang
05/25/2006, 07:45 PM
I have almost a similar situation!
My yellow clown goby was suck into my coralife 220 powerhead when I was cleaning the intake guard to the powerhead, I didn't realized that he was missing until I went to clean my overflow skimmer cup and saw something swirling around in the body of the skimmer. I adjusted the overflow to get it out into the cup and realized it was my YCG. He only had two red scrapes from the powerhead but survived!
Hope you find your in good health, maybe it's hiding and recovering from the shock!
Mine was moving slowly in pain for about a week.