PDA

View Full Version : Gallery Pics on MTRC.org

coral_reefer_25
05/26/2006, 05:03 PM
Just letting everyone know that the watermark across the gallery pics on our website is no longer there.

The club bought the software and I just rebuilt all but one gallery...still waiting on pics from RevRoy.

If anyone else wants me to put up a gallery of their tank, email pics to mtrc1@mtrc.org.

TitansFan
05/26/2006, 06:11 PM
i have another question.. how many email addis are provided by the webhost? is it possible we could have emails? BTW wonderful job you have done. The site so needed a makeover. Do you have php installed?

coral_reefer_25
05/26/2006, 06:23 PM
I'm not sure how many email addresses we have. Bart (tn_sledge) I think, is the one who originally set it up. Either him or Chris Sisemore.

Thanks for the compliments. I really wanted to update the site, but when they gave it to me, I decided to give it a whole new look.

I don't have any php, but I'm all for doing more with our site. I'm no web designer by any means, so I'll need some help with any sort of php stuff you'd like to see happen.

TitansFan
05/26/2006, 06:37 PM
Maybe I could help yah with the php. It would be nice to have a private forum on the site for just paying members. On it any items members are selling could be posted their for members to have first dibs. After that they could be posted here for others. Also could use it for meeting directions and such.

coral_reefer_25
05/26/2006, 08:43 PM
That sounds cool. When could you, and would you want to work on that?

Mobikob
05/27/2006, 08:13 PM
I've worked with phpbb quite a bit and if you can create a DB, and a DB user on a mysql server you can run it with no probs.
the best part is its freeware/shareware.

http://www.phpbb.com/

I would be willing to assist in any DB admin or php help needed.
I also know someone on the webhost side that could help out as well.

Mobi:D

coral_reefer_25
05/28/2006, 08:08 AM
That would take some help from you and/or someone else. I'm not up on MYSQL or php. But I'd love to learn it.

Right now, it's a matter of finding the time to sit down and do it, that is a good time for everyone that needs to be involved.