PDA

View Full Version : Combining 24G Nano with 125G Reef?

dolphin2421
05/26/2006, 06:27 PM
Greetings, Reefers--

A month ago I bought my "dream" system -- an established 125G reef with a 55G sump -- livestock and all. The team at my LFS did an incredible job moving the tank: no losses (so far - wince) and inhabitants seem to be flourishing:

2 Yellow Tangs, 1 Blue Tang, 2 Banggai Cardinals, 5 Green Chromis, 1 Maroon Clown, 1 Diamond Watchman Goby, 1 large Serpent Star, numerous snails & crabs. 1 LTA, Leather coral, Tree coral, Devil's Hand coral, Green Star Polyps, Ricordea, numerous mushrooms, 2 Open Brains, 1 Frogspawn, 1 Bubble coral, 1 cluster of Button Polyps. 175 lb. LR/120 lb LS.

I've been running a successful 24G Nanocube for 18 months and I'd planned to combine the tanks. I've moved the Frogspawn, Bubble and Brain corals but I'm worried about my two fish -- a small Cherub Angel and a Royal Gramma.

Two questions: 1) Does it seem like the new tank might be overloaded already? 2) If not, will my smaller fish stand a chance in the new tank? The Gramma will probably just wedge himself into a cave until Christmas -- but I worry about the Angel. She's a great little fish and I'd hate to lose her.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

--Juli

thor32766
05/26/2006, 06:39 PM
i dont see a problem, you should alright. of course you will have some meet and greet between the fish. But everything should be alright. Let us know how it does.