PDA

View Full Version : question about angelfish??

naeemn
05/26/2006, 10:08 PM
I've always wanted an angelfish, but i'm not sure which one to get. I have a 90 gall tank with a dog face puffer, a volitian lion, and fox face their all relatively between 3-5 inch. I have about 60 lbs of live rock. So what kind of angelfish do u guys suggest, or even if i should get one??

Randall_James
05/26/2006, 10:10 PM
I have a Flame Angel (I think the smaller angels make more sense in your tank)
Potters, Coral Beauty, Flame etc

MBuck
05/26/2006, 10:59 PM
I have a 125g, and have a dog-faced puffer, a "dwarf" lionfish, wanted the volitans but felt it wouldn't have enough room to turn and be comfortable, at maturity, they get up to 15" long, and wide!!

If you are planning an upgrade for your puffer and volitans, within the next twleve months, I would go with an emporer, or a koran....

My next fish will be a Koran Angel, and an eel, that is all that will go in this tank as far as "big" fish...may add an anthias or two for some color and movement.

I am hoping that you know that your lion, and the puffer will both reach lengths that are going to be too big for your current set up...

Not badgering, just want you to be aware that your excellent choice of fish will want to move out of the apartment, and into a huge condo before too long!!:D