PDA

View Full Version : eliminating bubbles from return pump

NuccaTree
05/27/2006, 09:08 AM
I am getting errr..... frustrated with tiny bubbles coming out of my return. I have a sump that has bubble traps and cloth and sponge filter media as well as the form cover for the pump itself and I am still getting tiny bubbles. it does not seem like there are any bubbles in the final return chamber, but appear once they shoot out the main nossle. I have a ball valve on the return line and that seems like the last option to take, due to tearing the whole thing apart. BTW, it is not RR tank.
If any one has any suggestions to give...this is your stage. Thanks

Craig Lambert
05/27/2006, 09:35 AM
What pump are you using, and what diameter pipe feeds it, and exits it? Also, are you using filter socks over your drain pump and skimmer outflow?

NuccaTree
05/27/2006, 01:11 PM
I am using a mag 9.5 with a 1" return which splits at the tank into two 3/4 flex tube. All the flex tubing is underwater in the main tank. I am dumping all the overflow water from my skimmer into th first compartmnt of the sump to go through the buble trap cycle. I have the original sponge cover over the return pump. (which I just checked and by taking it off and cleaning it out, it create a big dump of crap through my system and significantly increassed my water flow) So at this point, the water still has a bunch of floaties still hanging out and not sure if that may have solved the problem.