PDA

View Full Version : Cherub Angel harrasing Clown

hawk
05/27/2006, 12:46 PM
I've had a Oscellaris Clown in my tank for four years. I have had a Blue Cherub Angel for a year or so. The last week or so, the Cherub is chasing the clown, nonstop. The clown is starting to look a bit ragged. I but a bulb anenome in the tank a while back, and the clown ignored it for six months, so I swapped the anemome for something else. Bet the clown wishes it was still there.
Is the Cherub sensing a sick clown, or it just being a total bully. It leaves the Flame Hawk and fire fish alone.
I about ready to try to catch one or the other, but I only have the one tank.
Opinions?

LaloV.
05/27/2006, 06:59 PM
Mmm if the Cherub is not attacking the firefish then it´s strange.
What about their size? is it the same?

I have one with a Tomato clownfish, and the clown seems to bully the angel.

hawk
05/27/2006, 07:53 PM
Actually, the clown is a little larger. Ther is a picture of them from a while ago in my gallery.

thanks.

wrott
05/27/2006, 08:01 PM
My cherub started chasing my black/white ocellaris in circles. I had the clown months before adding the angel, but the clown was too slow and it's fins were disappearing--so I put the clown in a 20g and paired it w/ an orange ocellaris.
The cherub is a brute, but beautiful.

LaloV.
05/28/2006, 02:09 PM
Of course that cherub angels are very feisty.
But I think that if it attacks someone it will be the firefish.

If it continues maybe you will have to get one of them out, of course if you don´t want a dead fish.

hawk
05/30/2006, 07:12 AM
I just wish it would go after the flame hawk. It would only be able to try it once. The hawk is the coolest fish I have ever had. It just sits around and watches everything, including me.
I once had a mean son of a #@^% pseudochome that tried to harras everything, until it went after the hawk. Big mistake. The hawk turned on it, and chased it around for a while. Within a month, the peudochrome was never seen again. I was trying to catch it myself, and the hawk took care of it for me.
I don't have another tank for the clown, and I doubt I could catch it amyway. And I'm sure I can't catch the Cherub. I'll just wait, and see what happens.