PDA

View Full Version : 180 setup

Parikh1234
05/27/2006, 12:53 PM
Hey guys, im new here but not new to reef tanks. So I just built a 180 into a wall in my new construction. I have the tank setup (its an AGA 180 megaflow). I have started to pour RO water into it. I have laid down 120 lbs of sand. I initially put about 30 gal of fresh RO water just to make sure nothing was leaking. There seems to be a very small slow drip from the right side return. Where I screwed in the bulkhead. I unscrewed the washer many times to make sure it has a tight seal. I also checked the rubber seal. All check out ok. I checked all the glass and still cant find why its leaking. Its very tight. Anyone have any idea on what to do?

Also, I am adding water very slowly as my RO unit cant output that fast (about 5 gallons an hour). The water wont go stale or anything right? I have kept my MH lights off. What do you guys think? Should I just continue with my current strategy of just mixing in all the salt I have (I bought a bucket that says 200 gallons worth) and then just adjust when the whole tank is setup and running (before putting in any livestock)?

bnlimit10
05/27/2006, 02:54 PM
as far as your bulkhead goes, if the rubber seal is fine, and you have tightned it as you say, what I would suggest is silicone the builkhead in. Meaning take the bulkhead off add some silicone around the hole, then screw the bulkhead back in, let it cure for about 24 hours and then refill your tank, that should take care of your leak. Or simply make sure that the sump is right under the leak, and then who cares the water will just slowly drip into the sump. LOL. just kidding.

steveo32
05/31/2006, 09:45 AM
updates LOL

Parikh1234
05/31/2006, 10:28 AM
sorry, ive been sooo busy with the tank:) I got the leaks to stop. basically i kept tightening and loosening it up and one time it just worked. No leeks so far. Tank is filled and sump is operating. Pictures soon. The only problem now is that the tank is not level.

steveo32
05/31/2006, 09:28 PM
OH dammm no way you could get a shim under it right ?

Parikh1234
05/31/2006, 09:35 PM
no I tried, the shims kept breaking. I have a really good carpenter that says he can level with tank without breaking it. The local fish store (amazing store, absolutely fish in clifton, NJ) says they are gonna come look at the tank. When I filled it up, the overflows are both operating normal and the flow is the same in both. The tank is still not level though.

steveo32
06/01/2006, 07:51 AM
Oh I know absolute very well. Tell Todd I said whastup lol

Parikh1234
06/02/2006, 10:47 AM
todd is a good guy. I usually deal with glen, jim, or nick. But all the guys there are great and very knowledgeable. Ill keep you guys updated.