PDA

View Full Version : New to Fish only tanks

Reeftreasures
05/27/2006, 05:00 PM
ok so I'm starting my first fish only tank it's a 72 bow front non RR so it'll have a HOB over flow and a 15 gallon sump with a skimmer but not sure which one yet. I have live sand and base rock along with dead coral. now the question what along with a lunar wrasse would be good in this tank.

sunfishh
05/28/2006, 12:14 PM
Lots of fish. What are you considering?

XtrmCHoPZ
05/28/2006, 03:36 PM
sorry I dont mean to change the subject....but why does everyone want a lunar wrasse in their tank??? THeyre cool but if you want a colorful large Thallassoma wrasse there are PLENTY others that arent so common. I think the male banana ( Th. lutescens ) is much better looking than a lunar. Also check out the paddlefin, surge, and the most beautiful, the Klunzingers wrasse.

Back to your question......you could go with a small trigger ,angel, puffer, lion. BUt you should realize these types of fish will outgrow a 72g within a couple years. Also from my experience lunars tend to be aggressive, especially towards newly introduced fish. Try to add the wrasse last if possible. I had a banana kill a powder blue, many damsels, flame hawk and almost killed a puffer once.

Reeftreasures
06/08/2006, 02:25 PM
the lunar is the only fish that lived from the previous owner that i got the tank from so he's kind of a trooper so i wanna keep him but yes i too like the banana wrasse looking more towards non reef fish i will be upgrading within the next year so them out growing is no big deal

Monkeyfish
06/08/2006, 05:08 PM
Humu trigger
Puffers
Fosters Hawkfish

Assuming that you are going to upgrade...

Reeftreasures
06/08/2006, 08:37 PM
i want a dogface puffer so bad but can't find one thats reasonable around me looking for a black or spotted

Monkeyfish
06/09/2006, 08:43 AM
Don't know where exactly your town is in NJ, but here's someone with a dogface puffer for sale in NYC http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=862239