PDA

View Full Version : Parts broken on Stream 6000

johns
05/27/2006, 07:27 PM
Roger-
I have a fairly new Stream 6000. used for about 8 or 9 months. I was cleaning it out today, and when i was putting it back together a couple of parts broke.

First, the head of shaft screw that holds impeller into the shaft simply broke right off. It felt like it needed no force whatsoever to pop off. I was just tightening it in place and the head popped right off - I dont think I even felt any resistance.

So now the shaft of the screw is also stuck up inside the white plastic drive shaft. I tried to get it out, but I cant.

So I need a new screw and a new plastic drive shaft. Can you tell me how/where is the quickest place to get these parts.

Thanks
john

rvitko
05/29/2006, 10:41 AM
The quickest will be to order them from Tunze.com or call tomorrow. 512-833-7546

The screw should generally not need to be removed as everything that needs cleaning can be accessed by removging the brake shoes. It is nylon and while it is graphite reinforced thay can become brittle over time, especially when ozone is used or the pump is under intense lighting.

johns
05/29/2006, 02:22 PM
Roger-
The top of the screw was covered with some Ca deposits, so I wanted to take the screw out to look at what the whole looked like. I soaked everything in vinegar and water. I do not run ozone, and the screw did not seem brittle, but rather very very soft. Is it possible you are not supposed to soak these plastic screws in a vinegar solution?

I will call you tomorrow.