PDA

View Full Version : Baby anemones?

TChristman
05/28/2006, 04:17 PM
My new tank has gone completely through it's cycle and I have small dime to quarter sized anemones all through my tank. I must have around 10 of them. I am not a big fan of anemones as I am doing a SPS dominated tank. They look like small bubble tip anemones. Has anyone else ever had this before?

Thanks,

Tim

finding nemo
05/28/2006, 04:31 PM
Tim, are they brown with a long foot or green colored and short to the rock like shrooms?
Either is not good for the tank as spread like wildfire stinging everything in there path.
Use some Joe's Juice or Kalk mixed with water to form a medium paste and put a drop on each of them to kill them off.
If you are still in doubt about what they are post a picture if you can so we can tell for sure.

keckles
05/28/2006, 04:38 PM
Search for "Majano" anemones.

TChristman
05/28/2006, 05:14 PM
They are brownish with a short foot. I looked at some pictures of the majano anemone and I do not believe that is what they are. They could be as being very small it is difficult to tell. I have about 10 of them that I have seen. I should say had about 10 as the tweezers have been to work removing them. I hate to say this but the ones I could not get with the tweezers took a sharp edge. They were only on the Pukani live rock which was kind of strange as well. I hope that I got them all but I will continue to look for them and remove them. Thanks for your reply.

Tim

keckles
05/28/2006, 08:21 PM
They could also be Aiptasia anemones. Both Aiptasia and Majano are common, highly reproductive, and very similar to your description.

Got a picture?

TChristman
05/29/2006, 01:25 PM
100% sure it was not aiptasia but not 100% sure it was not majano. Whatever they were they are gone now.

Tim