PDA

View Full Version : Greenbanded goby

hgbarwick
05/29/2006, 01:42 PM
I recently heard of a greenbanded goby and I think they are really pretty fish. I would like to get one. Could he go in my 12 gallon aquapod, or should I put him in my 90 gallon. In my aquapod I have a black percula clown and a bicolor blenny. I plan on putting the bicolor in my 90 gallon when he gets to big. Would this be overstocking. The greenbanded goby only gets 2 inches that is the reason I am considering him for my 12 gallon? Would this be overstocking?

Jordan55
05/29/2006, 01:48 PM
As long as you are keeping up with water changes and are not over feeding these guys, it should be fine. Keep on eye on them and make sure you have enough flow in the tank/oxygen running through to feed all 3 fish.

Glad to hear you have a plan to move the bi color, most people wouldn't consider it. Kudos to you!

Take pictures!

hgbarwick
05/29/2006, 01:51 PM
I am planning to take pictures. I would love to take a picture of my Bicolor but he runs into his hole when anybody enters the room. The Bicolor is still small. I also am upgrading the pump to a maxi jet.

hgbarwick
05/29/2006, 01:52 PM
I do 2 gallon water changes every Monday.

Mark426
05/29/2006, 07:28 PM
I like the green bands too. I am thinking about one. The down side is they are very short lived. I read that 2 years is about max.

extinguishfire
05/29/2006, 07:55 PM
I have a 12 gallon nano cube with a firefish, pair of false percs, yellow watchman w/ pistol shrimp pair and green banded goby. I do 1 -2 gallon water changes a week.

Jordan55
05/29/2006, 07:57 PM
Now thats a bit over board....

Scottkelly911
05/29/2006, 08:10 PM
hgbarwick, go for it! Your bioload isn't bad at all as long as you keep up with your water changes. I have to do 20-25% water changes twice a week on mine! (maybe it's time for a sump and protein skimmer) I had one and they are awesome little guys. Tons of personality with the heart of a lion. I had a Neon Psuedochromis that picked on him and chased him all over the tank when I first put him in, eventually he just got sick of being chased and stayed still when the Psuedo would come to hassle him. Since he didn't run the Psuedo lost interest. They both were lost in a small crash due to an anemone that died in my tank about 2 months ago. Get him, you'll really enjoy him, but definitely put him in your Aquapod, you'll never see him in a 90. not only are they tiny, they also blend into the rockwork and corals really well, but luckily they seem to like the front glass, I think they watch you as much as you watch them.

hgbarwick
05/30/2006, 07:09 AM
Ok then I think I will go with him in my 12 gallon, thanks for the help.

hgbarwick
05/30/2006, 07:23 AM
One more thing, do they need to be kept in pairs or will they do fine by them selfs?

pulse13
05/30/2006, 12:56 PM
I have a single green banded in a 5g tank, they definately do fine by themselves. They tend to stay out of sight most of the time, hunting for pods moving in and out of the rock work constantly. They are very interesting to watch. They eat a lot for their size.