PDA

View Full Version : Personifer Angel Pair...

Terryz_
05/30/2006, 10:56 AM
Hi...
Is there anyway to tell their sex when they are small..
Say 3 inch in size...

Or can I just buy two and add together and let nature take its course...

THanks...

Kahuna Tuna
05/30/2006, 02:27 PM
I was also interested in pairing some personifers up and have seen them offered as pairs occasionally. If I'm not mistaken all the little ones are female and the dominant one will turn into a male when they get larger. All the males I have seen are pretty good sized (6" +). I think this is one of those angel species that you have a decent chance to get them to pair up

Redfish
05/30/2006, 04:16 PM
I wish you all lived closer. I have a beautiful male that is about 8 inches that needs a good home. Great personality.

P.S. You are really talking about Meredithi as there are almost no true Personifiers caught or imported.

Kahuna Tuna
05/30/2006, 11:55 PM
Yep, Meredithi. They stay quite a bit smaller than the true personifer and are actually available in the US. I just happened to walk into a store today with some time to kill and they had two baby meredithi (about 1 1/2 inches), that were just beautiful, still in their juvie colors. Those big adult males are just magnificent fish.

Terryz_
05/31/2006, 11:26 AM
Sigh...
All the small personifer in my LFS are gone...
But i dun think i will get them anymore...

They also have quite number of Scribbled Angels...
Good size, at 1-2inch... Maybe will be getting them instead...

All Angels start off as Female right den the more dominant one will change to male as they grow older?