PDA

View Full Version : 125 Gallon new setup questions

Bradco
05/30/2006, 03:29 PM
okay my tank is up and running, 125 72x18x22 twin overflows, sump in lower cabinet with live rocks and 1200gph pump, 160lbs live arag fiji pink sand, and 60 or so lbs of live rock that came from a combination of my 29 gallon tank and some I had cleaning from puerto Rico snorkling trip, T5 lighting with 14bulbs exact wattage I will need to ask my lfs where I purchased the unit, as I was told by my lfs the tank has already cycled. I moved my clown, long tentacle anenome 1 damsel, 1 snowflake eel, 1 baby strip puffer 1 mushroom coral, branching hammer coral, and gonoporia, I think it is spelled, okay now the questions, I am seeing micro bubbles around the outflows to the tank, and today I noticed some of my rocks turning reddish brown, is this tank cycling again? I have checked the saline 1.025, 0 nitrite and 0 nitrate levels also it was setup with all RO water and reef crystals okay. Let me have it :-) oh and as soon as I find my plug to my digital camera I will post photos

deepboy
05/30/2006, 04:58 PM
I would say you added to much stuff at once and your tank is starting to recycle over again but with your test results I dont know, You should do a complete test on everything and proubly do another water change! And I wouldn't suggest keeping the eel in that tank with the clown and other small fish.

Bradco
05/30/2006, 06:20 PM
if you mean because of the rock changing color, that I figured was happening, but my lfs says otherwise but that is why I am asking here as well, as for the eel he has been with these fish for over 10 months in my other tank and pays them no mind as he is always well fed. but what about the bubbles they were there before I put anything in the tank besides the live sand

Bradco
05/30/2006, 08:13 PM
okay just checked levels
salinity 1.025
temp 80
ph 8.6
nitrate 0.0
nitrite 0.0
ammonia 0.2

also the micro bubbles are coming up from the rock area not fast but I do notice now and then there is no skimmer installed yet, also it seems to be around nozzles where the water is coming from the sump. The fish seem okay. also I have price question, my sump which is for 2 outlets and the 1200 pump with live rock costed me close to 600 is that normal being as plain as it is?

Bradco
06/01/2006, 06:29 AM
Still no answer to the micro bubble issue ? it is coming out of the returns into the tank, from there onto the rocks

Shoestring Reefer
06/01/2006, 05:33 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7467576#post7467576 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Bradco
ammonia 0.2

also the micro bubbles are coming up from the rock It sounds like your tank has some cyano, algae blooms are not unexpected for a new tank.

The ammonia reading is not good, it should be 0/undetectable. Hopefully it's a faulty test.