PDA

View Full Version : Temp Sensor Cord Length

ZoeReef
05/30/2006, 10:50 PM
I'm really happy with our new system. But I do have two suggestions as a Newbie.

Here is my suggestions:

1) Add about $1.00 to the cost of the system and include a 15' length cord for the temp probe, or at least make it as long as the ORP and pH cords.

2) Change the temp probe connection to a BNC connection. I accidently pulled the temp probe loose and didn't realize it. Fortunately I had programmed it to shut off lights and heater in such a case. If I had not programmed it this way I could have lost quite a bit. Add another $2.00.

Here's my question in the mean time; Can I add an additional 10' extension onto the temp probe or is it a calibrated length? Many thanks.

clp
05/31/2006, 12:42 PM
Thanks, for the suggestions. On the last 2 controllers we have released (ACJr and AC3), your suggestions have already been incorporated. Unforunately, the AC3Pro uses a different style temperature probe and requires a different type of design.

Yes, you can safely double the length of the temperature cable. I assume that you have a AC3PRO, as the 3Pro has a 6' temperature cord, and the AC3/ACJr both have 10' cables. We do sell a 6' temperature cable for the 3Pro (part # TMPEXTP).

Curt

dhoch
06/01/2006, 04:48 AM
Curt did you mean to say you sell 10' tempture cables for the 3Pro? Or is that a 6' extension cable?

Also can I get that off your website?

Dave

clp
06/01/2006, 03:25 PM
We sell a 6' extension cable for the AC3Pro (part #TMPEXTP). You can purchase it on our website under the probes section.

Curt

Rueg
06/02/2006, 06:34 AM
Oops didn't mean to post and the delete function doesn't appear to work.